Trail : home : Library
Welcome to the ILC
The ILC offers a pleasant, inviting working and leisure environment for pupils to use during the school day. It has something for everyone whatever your tastes, hobbies or interests. Come down to the ILC at break, dinner or after school and see what it has to offer YOU!
What do we offer at the ILC?
- Wide and varied range of up to date fiction.
- 'Quick Reads' section.
- Large selection of subject specific non-fiction, including many reference resources to help
with research and homework.
- Large ICT Centre providing access to online resources and the Internet.
- Special young adult section for older readers.
- Collection of graphic novels.
- Selection of mind boggling cross curricular games.
- Monthly subscription to popular magazines.
- Author of the month - voted for by pupils.
- Cosy reading corner with beanbags, magazines and coffee table books to browse at your
- Suggestions box, so you can have your say about what you want to see in the ILC.
- Bookable Nintendo DS with fun educational games.
What the pupils say:
It's a good place to come to do homework. It's quiet and you can use books and computers to help.
Holly and Mollie Y7
I like the selection of books and the friendly atmosphere
We like to use the computers and the games. It is very warm and welcoming.
Javan and Josh Y9
I use the library nearly every day. I come to read quietly and to play chess.
We come for book group and to get recommendations of what to read next.
Etain, David and Samantha Y11